Trading Process Analyst
Gazprom Marketing & Trading
London, United Kingdom
This role is responsible for enhancing the relationship between GGPD, IT and the other support functions. It will involve producing analysis of Gazprom Marketing and Trading (GM&T) existing and new business processes and proposing best practice methods to support these. Working with IT and various support functions to propose solutions to support these new/best practice processes.
This is a business facing role so excellent communication and negotiation skills are required to be used between all levels from the most junior up to senior management. You will be a go to member of the team – a solution finder for the trading and operations staff.
Duties & Responsibilities
The role will require someone to work with traders, operators, risk and IT staff from London, Singapore and Houston offices on a daily basis. They will need to be a business process expert for derivatives within the front office gas and power functions and be a best practice champion within the business. On a day to day basis they will be responsible for the following:
- Working directly with the gas, power and retail optimisation desks in building and supporting both short and medium term solutions for risk management and GM generation;
- Managing stakeholder expectations around short and medium terms deliveries of these solutions;
- Gathering requirements and documentation of processes and possible solutions;
- Chasing down point detail issues on requirements, brokering decisions and achieving consensus;
- Supporting development and testing teams as appropriate;
- Coordinating UAT from a business perspective;
- BAU support to existing releases for bugs and small changes;
- Work autonomously and within a highly skilled team to deliver both business process and technology enabled business change.
Skills & Competencies
- Self-starter/able to work with limited guidance;
- Able to understand complex business issues and specify IT solutions;
- Team-player with ability to achieve results through shared initiatives;
- Demonstrable experience of coordinating complex projects/initiatives;
- Able to meet tight deadlines and negotiate in a pressurised environment;
- Strong facilitation and influencing skills;
- Excellent communication skills e.g. written, verbal and presentation;
- Able to cope with rapid business growth and a pressurised environment;
- Motivated, tenacious and pro-active in achieving results;
- Diligent and dependable with strong integrity;
- Fluent in English (spoken and written).
- Excellent commodities knowledge ideally within a front office environment – Gas, Power, FX. Coal, Oil and Carbon;
- Knowledge of storage and swing models;
- Good exposure to system integration activities and process re-engineering;
- Excellent understanding of trading and financial terminology;
- Experience of specifying and writing business requirements and suggesting appropriate solutions. This should fit within the existing IT architecture or be a proposal for something new, following rules of best practice and the long term visions of GM&T;
- Experience of specifying and writing user specifications and business requirements for development teams;
- Some experience of working alongside quants and underlying mathematical models used in derivatives valuation/risk management;
- Project management;
- Exposure to spreadsheet development and support;
- Exposure to Openlink Endur Platform ideally in Gas, Power, Oil, FX and Coal implementations;
- Exposure to other trading systems.
- Degree (or equivalent experience) ideally in a numerate subject.