Process Engineer Bondlines
LM Wind Power
LM WInd power seeks an experienced, talented, flexible and committed composites process engineer to work on adhesive joints for wind turbine blades
Develop composite technology and work with innovative blade solutions
We are strengthening our team in the Materials and Processes department; therefore we have established a new position to expand our expertise within composites engineering and bondlines. As composite and bondline engineer in the Composite Engineering and Technology department you will be developing our composite technology and working with innovative blade solutions to be manufactured in our 14 factories across the globe.
You will be a key person in the entire development of new composite and bondline technologies from the initial brainstorms, through concept design and verification and finally in the implementation and production support phase. Together with a cross-functional team you will work with all technical aspects related to the design, processing and documentation stages as well as participate in discussions regarding certification, equipment, quality, reliability and many other aspects.
You can expect to spend a lot of time in our laboratory working with our technicians to develop components, processes and test methods. You will be involved or even lead plant trials and the global implementation of the new technology or improvements. You can also be involved in general quality improvement in the factories, where a hands-on mentality is key.
Collaborate with research partners and prototype lab
- Develop composite components and processes
- Maintain component design and process specifications
- Collaborate with our LM process and prototype lab
- Collaborate with research partners in the field of composite and bondline processing
- Contribute to and execute the departmental material development strategy to support the product platforms and technology roadmap
- Engineer background with knowledge about solid mechanics, composite strength evaluation and testing
The ideal candidate
- Is energetic and curious
- Has an analytical/scientific mindset combined with a pragmatic hands-on mentality
- Is not afraid of getting his/her hands dirty experimenting and trying things out in the lab
- Holds an engineering degree and has experience with manufacturing
- Is experienced with DFMEA approach and practical process development
- Has qualifications in solid mechanics, composite strength evaluation and testing
- Has an understanding of wind turbine blade design
- Has understanding of the lean six sigma methodology
As a person, you are a dedicated team player, who gets things done. You can work in a structured way, and are able to complete tasks independently. English is our corporate language, and we expect that you have good communication skills in written and spoken English.