Senior Subsystem Engineer - Tower
GE - General Electric
Responsible for setting the design requirements for tower shell/tower internal designs for wind turbines. This includes defining and owning interfaces between components, cost target for tower components and defining MGTP for tower components. You will interface with the component design team, the design institute for the foundation design/customer clarification.
- Define requirements for subsystem design (including all tower components such as shell, flange, bolts, platforms, ladders, cable tray, hoist, service lift, foundation interfaces, etc.)
- Interfaces between components and interfaces of machine head and foundation
- Defining cost targets and strategies to achieve cost reduction.
- Conceptual design and trade-offs
- RCA ownership
- Define MGTP
- Design for assembly and serviceability
- Participate in or lead new technology evaluations and adoption into GE’s product.
- Masters/ Bachelors in Civil or Mechanical engineering
- experience in component design, FEA.
- Design experience on machinery components
- In depth understanding of tolerance stack up, interfaces
- full system or sub-system level design experience
- interfacing with PLM software
- Experience in wind turbine structural or mechanical component design
- Analysis and design experience on any of the following components- tower shell/flange/bolts, foundation.
- Sound understanding of dynamics.
- In depth understanding of WT design requirements as per IEC61400-1, GL 2010 guidelines.