Process Engineer Add Ons
LM Wind Power
LM Wind power seeks a talented and committed process engineer to work with development of innovative blade aero add ons and blade interior components
Newly established position to strengthen our expertise within innovative blade add ons
We are strengthening our team in the Materials and Processes department; therefore we have established a new position to expand our expertise within innovative blade aero add on’s and blade interior components. As an engineer in the Composite Engineering and Technology department you work with many aspects of composite materials. Your main responsibility area will be aero and noise reduction add on’s as well as various other components inside the wind turbine blade.
You will be involved in the entire development process from the initial brainstorms, through concept design and verification and finally in the implementation and production support phase. Together with a cross-functional team you will work with all technical aspects related to the material selection, process selection, assembly techniques and documentation.
You can expect to spend a lot of time in our laboratory working with our technicians to develop components, processes and test methods. You will be involved or even lead plant trials and the global implementation of the new technology or improvements. You can also be involved in general quality improvement in the factories, where a hands-on mentality is key.
Collaborate with research partners and our prototype lab
- Develop aero add-ons and interior blade components and robust mounting processes
- Create new and maintain process specifications
- Collaborate with our LM process and prototype lab
- Collaborate with external development partners and suppliers
- Collaborate with LM factories across the globe
- Depending on qualification level; contribute to and execute the team strategy to support the product platforms and technology roadmap
Engineer background with experience in advanced process engineering or advanced mechanical engineering
We are proud of our component developments and have recently implemented a number on highly innovative and ingenious solutions. We expect you to come with experience and skills to strengthen the team further.
The ideal candidate:
- Is energetic and curious with an analytical/scientific mind-set
- Not afraid of getting dirty hands in our lab/factories during process development and validation
- Has experience with component development and assembly
- Holds and engineering degree with advanced process engineering or advanced mechanical engineering
- Is experienced with PFMEA approach and practical process development
- Has qualifications within testing and validation of new technologies