Senior Gas Market Analyst
Gazprom Marketing & Trading
London, United Kingdom
This position is responsible for supporting the development and management of gas market analysis activities for the Gazprom Marketing & Trading (GM&T) business in London. The key objective of this role is to enable the expansion of the GM&T business worldwide by providing effective analysis and modelling. The role will involve working as part of the Gas Market Analysis team which supports the Gas Traders, and as part of the wider Fundamentals & Analytics group supporting all GM&T trading & business development activities. The successful candidate will have an important part to play in producing top quality analytics, targeted directly at producing commercial recommendations which add value to the trading bottom line.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Design and develop decision-supporting analysis, tools and models that support profitable trading;
- Develop trading strategies and recommendations based on analysis produced;
- Support trading decisions by providing ad hoc trading analysis;
- Enhance and build the team by sharing new information and tools;
- Collaborate with other analytical teams within front office to generate consistent cross commodity analytics and forecasts (and ensuring best practice is maintained).
Skills & Competencies
- Independent thinker; creative in finding alternative solutions;
- Diligent, responsible and reliable;
- Practical and pragmatic in approach;
- Must have highly-developed attention to detail;
- Proactive approach to delivering results; able to deal with conflict and field critical questioning;
- Able to build collaboration within the team and across the business;
- Ability to apply the right level of approximation and estimation in order to deliver results within the required timeline;
- Strong desire and ability to learn new skills;
- Excellent IT and data analysis skills;
- Fluency in written and spoken English is essential.
- Proven current experience in a analysing European gas markets;
- Able to demonstrate working knowledge of developing supply/demand outlooks and other analytical experience surrounding European gas markets;
- Experience of LNG analysis (and applying global LNG outlooks and economic assumptions to generate views of likely LNG into Europe outlooks) would be an advantage;
- Cross commodities exposure (and working with other analytical teams) will be valued;
- Experience of working in a trading environment;
- Understanding of statistics and modelling is highly regarded;
- Experience of using SQL/Tableau to develop analysis is highly desirable.
- A 2.1 degree in a numerate subject preferred or equivalent experience;
- Should demonstrate commitment to continued learning.