Senior Business Strategy Analyst
As a key member of our Strategy team, you will find yourself project managing and participating in strategically and commercially driven projects in all aspects of the oil value chain. Projects will be varied and could include strategy development, M&A due diligence, business improvement, market reviews and other transaction support. Clients will include both internal Business Units and Functional Units as well as external financial institutions, governments and industry associations. The position requires the ability to develop and apply detailed knowledge and experience of the global oil and gas sector to a broad range of projects and situations. Given the international nature of the role the successful candidate can expect a reasonable degree of travel.
The core focus of the role is to help the company make important strategic decisions through comprehensive research covering the full oil value chain. The scope of service covers corporate planning, portfolio optimization, commercial due-diligence, M&A, market entry/exit, market mapping, value chain optimization, strategy development, strategic decision making, economic modelling (asset lifecycle financial modelling) and various other specific services borne out of in depth knowledge and research of the oil and gas market.
- Bachelor degree from a top tier university (Engineering, Chemistry or Business and Administration);
- MBA or other postgraduate degree from a top tier university encouraged;
- Candidates will ideally have an exemplary scholastic record and will have been recognized with special academic awards or participating in elite programs;
- Strategy/Business development experience in the Oil & Gas/Energy Industry (preferably in Chemistry);
- At least, five years of professional experience, gained in a top strategy consulting organization focused in oil&gas/Chemicals or in a business development role within an oil&gas/chemical firms;
- English full professional proficiency skills;
- A demonstrated rapid career progression and a strong track record within the current organization;
- Flexibility and commercialism to manage a diverse range of responsibilities in a dynamic and results oriented environment.