Senior LNG Market Analyst
S&P Global Platts
London, United Kingdom
S&P Global Platts are looking for an experienced market analyst to join the expanding Global LNG Analytics team.
This exciting opportunity will play a key role growing Platts Analytics’ LNG offering and will focus on running and enhancing the team’s existing global supply and demand forecast models as well as supporting the development of an LNG price forecasting service.
This role can be based in either London or Singapore and will work alongside a global team of market experts across the Eclipse, Bentek and PIRA analytical groups as well as Platts’ pricing and editorial staff.
The Career Opportunity
This is a role with significant potential for development within a short timeframe. You will have a key input into how Platts develops its LNG analytics offering globally. In addition there will be ample opportunity to contribute to other areas of Platts’ market leading analysis, and to take part in customer-facing activities, including webinars, conference presentations etc. Using Platts’ analytical framework, the successful candidate will not only develop their in depth understanding of the LNG and gas markets, but also regional and global markets and inter commodity dependencies (oil and coal).
- Maintain and enhance the existing set of LNG supply and demand forecast models;
- Participate in the weekly market meetings and contribute to the development of Platts Analytics’ existing weekly report service;
- Develop analysis and write articles for monthly and bi-annual subscription based publications;
- Be part of a team developing a global stack model to forecast LNG spot prices;
- Support the maintenance and development of an online analytics platform;
- Support customer sales interactions with presentations explaining the team’s market view;
- Speak at conferences and present webinars presenting Platts Analytics’ views and forecasts;
- Create actionable intelligence for our clients to make informed trading/risk management and investment decisions;
- Communicating with other S&P Global teams, representing LNG in the global analytics offering.
- Degree educated or higher in quantitative subject (mathematics, physics, engineering, economics etc.);
- Proven experience in energy market analytics;
- Must be able to demonstrate experience and understanding of fundamentals forecasting;
- Knowledge of energy market trading principles (physical and paper trading);
- Excellent Excel modelling skills essential, experience of programming (VBA, SQL) would be helpful;
- Experience in econometrics and statistical analysis would be advantageous;
- Excellent communication skills that implement good listening and clear writing style;
- Proactive self-starter with a bias for action and delivery;
- Strong verbal skills with the ability to communicate across a wide range of groups and personalities, internally and externally;
- Experience of and aptitude for presenting to external audiences;
- Strong role model who takes a constructive approach to managing difficult situations;
- Excellent at identifying improvements and efficiencies and implementing processes that continually promote productivity and quality improvements;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook);
- Be an independent and creative thinker with strong attention to detail but with the ability to put detail into a wider context. A natural leaning towards forecasting “what’s next”.