Wind Sales Manager
GE - General Electric
Customer facing staff responsible for winning business. Wind Sales Managers are responsible for driving profitable growth through increasing sales of GE's world class wind turbines. Successful candidates will demonstrate an ability to work closely with their assigned customers but also with GE´s product management, supply chain, finance, service and commercial operations.
- Create close working relationships with all key personnel at assigned accounts, and develop a thorough understanding of their project strategies and needs;
- Provide commercial and technical assistance to assigned accounts with their project strategy;
- Ensure GE Wind products and services have a favorable consideration in all of assigned account’s wind projects;
- Identify, develop, and close sales opportunities within assigned accounts and geographic territory;
- Identify, understand, and communicate to GE´s Renewables business our customers` key expectations, from both project specific and their business needs in general;
- Work effectively in a team environment with Commercial Operations, Technical Operations, Engineering, Finance, Service and Project management to ensure the most efficient use of all resources;
- Be accountable for orders, pricing/profitability, risk, terms & conditions, and customer satisfaction;
- Maintain accurate and current project and opportunity information with the CRM system and manage the Inquiry to Order ("ITO") process for assigned accounts;
- Participate in and support wind trade shows, conferences, and other market development activities.
Key measurements will include:
- Performance relative to assigned accounts and region orders, Margins and Cash Operating Plan;
- Performance to Goals & Objectives (developed in cooperation with Region Sales Leader);
- Orders forecasting and CRM system accuracy;
- Quality and accuracy of “Strategy to Win” plan developed for Price and Risk Reviews.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering discipline, Finance, and/or advanced business degree with applicable industry experience;
- Practical understanding of: current/emerging requirements of the wind power markets; and customer financial drivers and needs;
- Proven track record;
- Strong communication skills and confidence with Senior level presentations;
- Strong interpersonal, team building, and negotiation skills; ability to work with colleagues and customers also on higher level of the organizations;
- Flexible for frequent travel;
- Consistent track record of meeting performance objectives;
- Self-starter with high energy and ability to energize others;
- German native & Fluency in English.
Strong oral and written communication skills. Strong interpersonal and leadership skills. Ability to influence others and lead small teams. Lead initiatives of moderate scope and impact. Ability to coordinate several projects simultaneously. Effective problem identification and solution skills. Proven analytical and organizational ability. Green Belt or Black Belt certification (GE employees only).