Customer Relationship Manager with a Special Focus on German Industrials
Your expertise in commodity products, such as power, gas and green energy, is always state-of-the-art? In this position, you will contribute to the profitability and performance of the Commodity Solutions division by demonstrating a deep understanding of energy transaction risks. Do you have a finance, economics, business or technical university degree? Plus several years of experience in energy commodities? You do? Perfect!
- contributing to the overall profitability and performance of the Commodity Solutions business by demonstrating a deep understanding of energy economics in general and of standard and bespoke energy transaction risks and opportunities in particular;
- independently managing the existing customer base and acquiring new customer relations in our German target markets and in the wider European markets where appropriate;
- being confident in building strong relationships with customers and creating trust at organisational levels beyond the Energy Purchase, Finance and Utility departments, including establishing key contacts to executives;
- being a holistic energy manager, covering physical gas and power supply concepts up to complex origination opportunities and being able to market products and services offered by other RWE Supply & Trading GmbH departments, other RWE companies or external specialist companies, including new digital online platforms and optimisation services;
- recognising customer needs and market trends, especially with regard to digitisation and other relevant innovations cycles;
- establishing collaboration with external subcontractors in order to contribute to RWE Supply & Trading’s value chain;
- effectively managing product development in collaboration with other Customer Solutions departments, e.g. with the Commodity Flow Desk for standard products, with the Business Development team for complex transactions, and with other RWE Supply & Trading departments like Commercial Asset Optimisation, RWE companies like RWE Generation or third parties where needed, e.g. in the field of digital online optimisation;
- monitoring after-sales services;
- conducting customer site visits and attending the relevant industry events and conferences on a regular basis;
- contributing to the organisation of Commodity Solutions’ own customer event from time to time.
- a finance, economics, business or technical university degree;
- several years of experience in energy commodities, preferably in the fields of sales, trading, consulting or origination within the European energy markets, with a special focus on Germany;
- detailed and in-depth knowledge of commodity products such as power, gas and green energy products and the applicable regulatory frameworks in the European energy markets, with a special focus on Germany;
- other experience, e.g. in the new digital online energy world or in the development of energy infrastructure Projects, would be an advantage;
- ability to clearly position yourself with unequivocal recommendations, carefully weigh up the opportunities and risks before taking decisions and to win the trust of executive-level customers in challenging and changing circumstances;
- proactive, entrepreneurial, result-oriented individual;
- excellent communication skills with business fluency in German and English;
- willingness to travel; experience of working abroad would be an advantage.