Nuclear Safety & Licensing Engineer
As a Nuclear Safety & Licensing Engineer, you will work in several of the following domains:
- Safety Officer function within projects: assure the proper consideration of nuclear licensing and safety aspects in studies/projects; establish safety requirements, analyse and ensure compliance with safety requirements, organisation of safety reviews, contacts with Safety Authorities;
- Assistance to the client’s nuclear licensing process, including the establishment of associated documents such as PSAR and FSAR (preliminary and final safety assessment report);
- Safety analysis and assessment, e.g.: classification & qualification requirements with respect to safety functions and items important to safety, radiological consequences studies, internal and external hazards studies including definition of the load case, determination of PIE’s (postulated initiating events) and DBA’s (design basis accidents), statistical setpoint studies.
- You have a master degree in Engineering. A degree in Nuclear Science constitutes a further asset;
- You are a “generalist”, having knowledge of all technical disciplines to the extent permitting you to discuss on safety aspects related to these disciplines;
- Experience in nuclear, general nuclear safety approach, general nuclear licensing knowledge or one of the above mentioned domains constitute further assets (but the position is also open for junior profiles with less experience);
- You have good knowledge of Dutch and/or French, willing to learn the second national language, and English;
- You have a critical and inquiring mind, you are dynamic, rigorous and pragmatic;
- You are able to write position papers and synthesis reports; you are able to write clear safety positions and argumentation;
- You are a good listener and communicator, you have the capacity to develop personal contacts; you have good facilitating skills; you are diplomatic;
- You are a team player;
- You have the capacity to assume responsibilities and to take initiatives;
- You are able to work autonomously.
For more details and to apply for this job click here