Junior Consultant Public Affairs, Energy
Position Overview and Responsibilities
The Brussels office of FleishmanHillard has an immediate opening for an energetic, self-starting junior public affairs and communications professional with 1 to 2 years of relevant experience to join our established Energy Team. Our eight strong Brussels Energy Team works with clients in the oil and gas, utilities and renewables industries; specifically, we advise these clients on the implications of EU public policy for their organisations, and develop and implement advocacy and communication strategies to help them enhance their positioning. As part of a wider team we collaborate with colleagues across the office on their specific areas of expertise including manufacturing and industrials, financial services and technology, and we work with colleagues in other FleishmanHillard offices across the Europe, Middle East and Africa region as well as with key offices around the world.
The main responsibilities of this position include:
- Supporting other members of the energy practice in servicing our client base in this sector;
- Contributing to the implementation of public affairs and communications programmes;
- Providing regular policy monitoring and political intelligence services to our clients in support of their public affairs and communications programmes;
- Assisting in the implementation of outreach programmes towards the European institutions;
- Assisting in outreach to stakeholders and the media;
- Proactively networking through attending relevant events.
Candidates will have a first working experience relating to communications, ideally with some experience or interest in the energy sector or energy issues. This experience should ideally be acquired working with the EU institutions, EU trade associations, in-house or through a communications consultancy.
The successful candidate will have:
- Background in European Union energy policy;
- Work experience in a professional services firm is an advantage and/or a client oriented environment;
- Ideally the candidate will have experience in translating political and policy initiatives into relevant advice for clients;
- Knowledge of EU institutions and policymaking process with previous EU institutional experience an advantage;
- Excellent writing skills;
- Excellent research skills;
- Excellent communication skills and networking ability;
- Ability to manage multiple deadlines and work in a team;
- Fluency in English and one other European Union language;
- Proficient in most common business software applications.
Our philosophy hinges on supportive team working and we look for individuals who are motivated by the opportunity to be part of a market-leading, high caliber and culturally rich group. FleishmanHillard’s reputation for quality, creativity, and results is the foundation of our distinguished status in the industry.
If you are qualified and interested in this opportunity, please send your CV (Europass CVs are not accepted) and cover letter through our website: http://fleishmanhillard.com/careers/.
FleishmanHillard specializes in public relations, reputation management, public affairs, brand marketing, digital strategy, social engagement and content strategy. FleishmanHillard was named PRWeek’s 2014 Global Agency of the Year, “Standout Agency” on Advertising Age’s 2013 A-List; NAFE’s “Top 50 Companies for Executive Women” for 2010-2016; and among PRWeek’s 2013 “Best Places to Work.” The firm’s award-winning work is widely heralded, including at the Cannes International Festival of Creativity. FleishmanHillard is part of Omnicom Public Relations Group, a division of Omnicom Group Inc., and has more than 85 offices in 30 countries, plus affiliates in 43 countries. Visit us at www.fleishmanhillard.com.
About Omnicom Public Relations Group
Omnicom Public Relations Group is a global collective of three of the top global public relations agencies worldwide and eight specialist agencies in public affairs, marketing to women, fashion, global health strategy and corporate social responsibility. It encompasses more than 6,000 public relations professionals in more than 330 offices worldwide who provide their expertise to companies, government agencies, NGOs and nonprofits across a wide range of industries. Omnicom Public Relations Group delivers for clients through a relentless focus on talent, continuous pursuit of innovation and a culture steeped in collaboration. Omnicom Public Relations Group is part of the DAS Group of Companies, a division of Omnicom Group Inc. that includes more than 200 companies in a wide range of marketing disciplines including advertising, public relations, healthcare, customer relationship management, events, promotional marketing, branding and research.
FleishmanHillard is committed to equal employment opportunity and affirmative action. FleishmanHillard does not discriminate in any aspect of employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, age, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local employment discrimination laws where FleishmanHillard does business. Our policy is to employ, advance, and reasonably accommodate all qualified employees and applicants.