Technical Advisor - Controls Aeroderivative Turbines
The Technical Advisor manages controls activities on site during the Installation & Commissioning and Maintenance of gas turbines (generator or mechanical drive). Responsible for reviewing plant engineering documents and P&ID’s, troubleshooting of plant systems and equipment, planning, organizing, integrating and direction of resources such as labor, tools and materials as required to complete the work scope according to contractual requirements.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Actively manage controls activities on site during Installation & Commissioning and Maintenance of gas turbines, including but not limited to oversight of installation, maintenance, troubleshooting and diagnostics on gas turbine and auxiliary systems;
- Plan, organize, integrate, and direct labor and tool and material allocation;
- Understand PLC ladder logic, including basic understanding of how to navigate through ladder rungs while troubleshooting;
- Read and interpret electrical/mechanical flow and instrument diagrams;
- Ensure the correct installation, pre-commissioning, commissioning and maintenance practices are followed;
- Provide general knowledge of turbine instrumentation calibration, including various types of transmitters;
- Provide technical expertise to customers, service support, field technicians and operators;
- Provide timely and accurate internal and external reports;
- Ensure contractual obligations are met;
- Attend technical meetings with Customers;
- Ensure all in-field activities are carried out safely complying with company environmental, health, and safety (EHS) guidelines and procedures;
- Provide expert consultation on complex projects;
- Provide customers with technical direction and support on Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) packaged products;
- Overall responsibility of the management of site activities including planning, organizing, integrating and directing of resources such as labor, tools and materials as required to complete the work scope according to contractual requirements.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Fluent in English;
- Experience with Gas Turbine Driver Control Systems and Auxiliary Systems;
- Ability to understand and implement controls software;
- Wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected;
- Availability to frequent travel and work off-shore;
- Strong analytic and problem solving skills;
- Good interpersonal and organizational skills;
- Strong computer skills;
- Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor Degree in Engineering and 8 years of experience, or 10 years of experience without formal degree, in power plant maintenance, turbine generator maintenance, or power plant equipment installation/ commissioning. Successful completion of required training programs is a minimum requirement. Demonstrated progressive, responsible experience with various types of turbine generator equipment and site accountabilities is required.
PHYSICAL ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS:
- Must be able and willing to work long hours;
- Must be able and willing to work in extreme weather conditions (heat and cold) for extended periods of time;
- Must be able to climb ladders and steps;
- Extensive travel to and from projects and various field assignments is required. International travel may be required.