Energy Storage Consultant
Brief Posting Description
Energy storage is complimentary to many of the projects and clients that SgurrEnergy serves. We are seeking a talented consultant with experience of energy storage and renewable energy to support our services in this growing area both for UK and international assignments.
The principal responsibilities of this post include:
- Manage/support energy storage project developments, providing engineering input from initial assessment through to technical and economic feasibility, due diligence, construction monitoring and acceptance;
- Review and prepare technical documents including specifications, reports, proposals, calculations and contracts;
- Site visits in the UK and abroad;
- Provide technical support to clients;
- Technical assessment of products and equipment;
- Promote SgurrEnergy services in a business development role.
- Undergraduate degree in an engineering or science based subject;
- Knowledge of energy storage and renewable technology and projects;
- Ability to manage project work without supervision;
- The ability to produce high quality technical reports in English, to predefined deadlines;
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills;
- A flexible and proactive approach;
- Reliability and good organisational/project management skills;
- Ability to work both individually and as part of a multi-disciplined team;
- A confident communicator;
- Competent user of main Microsoft packages.
- A postgraduate qualification in an energy related subject;
- Experience in a consultancy environment working on energy storage, wind, solar and other renewable energy technologies;
- Competence in understanding EPC and O&M contracts;
- Experience in numerical computer modelling;
- An understanding of the key technical and commercial aspects of energy storage and renewable energy projects;
- Valid Driving Licence for use with in UK.