Deputy Project Manager
Context of the opportunity
To provide support for the implementation of engineering projects in the Energy sector (Heat Recovery Systems) the CMI Group is looking for:
The implementation of capital goods projects is taken care of jointly by a two-person team of project managers: A project engineer takes care of the technical aspects and a project manager coordinates all the commercial, budgetary and scheduling aspects.
Within this framework, the assistant project manager provides the administrative/executive support and participates in the management of major contracts for:
- For the aspects falling under budgetary control:
- Participate in the drawing up of the monthly list of indicators;
- Check and provide the monitoring of the payments by group and analyse the deviations;
- Prepare the estimate of the balance to be invested;
- Carry out the reconciliation between the order forms and the invoices.
- For the aspects falling under customer/supplier invoicing:
- Draw up the customer invoices;
- Follow-up on the payments of customer invoices based on the schedule of payments and the progress on the project;
- Receive and approve the supplier invoices.
- For aspects falling under scheduling:
- Participate in the adaptation of the network specific to the project;
- Organise and participate in progress meetings;
- Develop and provide the monitoring and updating of the implementation schedule;
- Write up the “progress reports”;
- Participate in Kick-off, contract review and other meetings;
- Create and plan the purchasing needs;
- Provide the management and monitoring of the suppliers, coordinate the inspection, the follow-up, the amendments and monitoring of disputes.
- For aspects falling under shipping:
- On the basis of the supplier/customer packing lists, draw up the invoices and the shipping documents;
- Organise the shipping of merchandise with the support of the Traffic department.
- For aspects falling under purchasing:
- Initialise the purchasing process in the computer systems, determining the time periods for the order, delivery, delivery address, etc. and participation in purchases and follow-ups.
- Monitoring of local manufacturing and sites.
- You have training at university or technical or commercial diploma level (or equivalent experience);
- You can give proof of a few years of experience in technical or administrative/executive support functions connected with the management of projects of an international nature;
- You have or are prepared to acquire basic technical knowledge allowing you to understand the field of activities in which you are working;
- You are capable of working within a project team, autonomously taking on varied and complex tasks, within the framework of an established schedule;
- You speak English fluently, and possibly know other foreign languages;
- You are thoroughly conversant with MS Office (Excel, Word, Access, PowerPoint, Outlook) and the usual software packages for project management ( Baan, SAP, etc.);
- You are available for temporary assignments of variable duration, anywhere in the world.