Energy & Resources Research Manager
London, United Kingdom
We are now looking for an individual to lead the research capability for our Energy & Resources practice and to have a mentoring/co-ordination role with others in research roles within Baringa.
We have successfully grown a thriving Energy & Resources (ER) practice since 2000 and are now looking to establish a dedicated Research capability within ER – to support the continued strong growth of our business. Our Energy & Resources practice has built an enviable reputation within the market over a short period of time and now has a large client base for which it delivers an exciting variety of high quality engagements, competing against the well-known and established major consultancy brands.
The Energy & Resources Research Manager position will work closely with the sector leadership team and our Marketing function to support the practice. Acting as an 'advisor to the advisors' the remit of this role is to develop commercially orientated research function to support Baringa’s consultancy services in the energy and resources sector.
What will you be doing?
- Lead, coach and share best practice with other individuals in Baringa with research responsibilities;
- Building a strong relationship and dialogue with the leadership of the ER Practice, Knowledge Management and Marketing/BD;
- Be a thought leadership strategist for the sector and align research to commercial opportunities;
- Building a research function to support the activities of the Energy & Resources Practice, producing regular thought leadership aligned with our sales campaigns and building a rigorous information pool;
- Identify appropriate research databases and sources of information for the research function to operate effectively;
- Monitor, digest and understand the ever-changing regulatory and commercial environment and respond accordingly, researching new developments as they arise;
- Have the skills and knowledge to carry out, analyse, interpret and write-up qualitative and quantitative research relevant to the sector;
- Creating and regularly updating relevant collateral to provide Baringa consultants with client-ready perspectives;
- Undertake specific research activity in support of key account growth.
What’s in it for both of us?
- 2:1 or above from a top tier university;
- Strong Research experience with a good amount of this within the Energy/Utilities industry;
- Entrepreneurial flair to identify trends and opportunities in the sector;
- Demonstrable experience of opportunity spotting through research/analysis;
- Experience within a similar role with a Consulting/advisory firm is preferred;
- Experience in designing and building digital collateral;
- Strong writing skills;
- Knowledge of qualitative and quantitative research tools and techniques.