Grid Integration Specialist
Do you think of Grid Integration every day all day? Do you have an entrepreneurial spirit that can navigate in a large organization? If yes, we need you to develop the solutions of the next generation. Here is your opportunity to make an impact on the future of Vestas and the sustainability of our planet.
Innovation & Concept Development
You will be part of a team with 8 experts that are concerned with the emerging changes in the energy system infrastructure. More specifically, the team works towards achieving a higher level of decentralized dynamic control combined with a trend towards more distributed grid architecture. This will require a re-engineering of how variable renewable energy sources, like wind and solar in combination with storage, are integrated and interconnected.
The Grid Integration Specialist will be responsible for analysis, modelling and control strategies for a variety of grid architectures and configurations. Additionally, you will drive definition of requirements to generating, consuming, distributing and storing assets in the grid with special focus on dynamic control and real time interoperability.
Other responsibilities include taking part in the identification of new technology ingredients with high impact on the performance of grids and high levels of VRE and modelling and testing alternative configurations as well as validating their performance, cost, scalability, controllability and maintainability.
- Bachelor, Master or Ph.D. in Power Electronics or Controls Engineering.
- More than 5 years of post-graduate professional experience and a minimum of 3 years of experience in the energy industry is required.
- Deep expertise in analytics and modelling of power systems based on profound knowledge and understanding of power systems functionality.
- Experience with control architecture design & development is desired.
- Experience in and demonstrating the ability to discover, incubate & drive electrical systems from low-TRLs to proof-of-concept and prototyping.
As the Grid Integration Specialist, you are a committed, energetic and self-motivated person with demonstrated ability to collaborate across skills, organizational and company borders in cross-functional teams. You are able to turn a defined direction into a concrete action plan as well as execute and lead activities from uncertainty removal and conceptual design to prototyping and product development. Also, you are motived by operating and improving modern simulation and data analytics tools. It is preferable if this motivation is combined with a motivation to work with controls and optimization techniques.