Sr. Offshore Mechanical Engineer
KCI the Engineers
What’s my part in leaving landmarks?
You are the mechanical expert. You prefer moving parts like roller boxes, tensioners and carousels rather than static parts. You will participate in a small project team and coordinate activities with other (Senior) engineer(s) and Designer(s). Advise on technical matters in other projects, coach other engineers and act in a consultancy role towards clients. In general, you carry out the belief that everything is possible.
Okay, nice! But what are my responsibilities?
When our landmarks are being built or used, you proudly feel responsible. You tell others your design and calculations made it possible together with your team of engineers. Of course, some requirements are essential to make it possible to build landmarks.
Our expectations from a mechanical engineer:
- Responsible for generating concept, basic and detail design for various equipment and machinery such as pile grippers, pile guiding & upending tools, pipe lay stingers, roller boxes, tensioners, sheave blocks & winches, cable storage baskets, reels and carousels, lifting gear, cable chutes and conveyor systems for renowned cable lay, pipe lay and installation contractors;
- As part of your tasks you will be sizing and selecting the necessary components (bearings, seals, shafts, wheels, gearboxes, electric and hydraulic motors, hydraulic cylinders etc.) and performing the necessary strength and fatigue analyses and studies with accompanying reports, as well as writing specifications;
- In the role of Senior Engineer you will report to the Section Head and work together with other engineering disciplines, Project Managers, the Sales Department and client counterpart.
Wow! Anything else?
One more thing, before you can apply to be part of our team! Your social skills? If you like to get coffee for colleagues, know how to play a good game of table tennis and feel comfortable in an international organization, you'll probably like our social culture. Also!
- Bachelors or Master’s Degree in Structural Mechanical Engineering. Min. 8 – 15 years of experience as senior engineer (Structural Mechanical), preferably within the offshore wind and/or oil & gas industry;
- Skilled in software like: Femap/Ansys/AutoCad/MathCad/Solidworks;
- Knowledge of International rules and standards applicable to offshore designs;
- Good knowledge of English and preferably also Dutch (both written and verbal);
- Not afraid to communicate and willing to get the best out of the team of engineers.