The Commercial Manager is responsible for developing proposals, managing the proposal volumes within their queue, and determining the internal resources necessary to complete the proposal.
- Manage commercial activities on individual opportunities in partnership with EthosEnergy Sales and in conjunction with Commercial Management processes from proposal development through contract negotiations and opportunity closure;
- Manage commercial activities involving standard contracts and contract reviews;
- Provide support on sales opportunities for contract reviews, redlines, and negotiations as requested by Senior Commercial Manager;
- Provide contract and negotiation support to Sales & Contract Execution;
- Maintain EthosEnergy standard contracts with latest approved revisions from Senior Commercial Manager, Legal, Insurance, and Finance;
- Review customer terms and conditions for compliance with Contracting Procedures Policies;
- Seek alternate contract language to minimize EthosEnergy risk while balancing commercial goals and strategies of the proposed value solution;
- Coordinate required resources to seek guidance and obtain internal approvals from Finance, Legal, Tax, Insurance to mitigate potential risks within a given opportunity;
- Develop Deal Summaries for all imminent contracts for executive management review;
- Manage opportunities using a structured project management approach;
- Coordinate with Engineering, Sales and Operations for scope of work and technical validations and to obtain most current cost data;
- Develop financial models for each opportunity accounting for cost of scope and risks and in alignment with market based pricing and EthosEnergy objectives;
- Articulate EthosEnergy’s value proposition in line with the identified customer drivers in order to maximize the customer’s view of EthosEnergy’s solution benefits;
- Prepare targeted and strategic proposals for Light Turbine sales delivery;
- Development of target proposals, financial models, contracts, and other documents necessary for presentation and negotiation of the EthosEnergy solution;
- Turnover to Contract Execution Team to ensure successful contract launch and execution.
- Demonstrated track record of successful goal achievement with the ability to think on a strategic level as well as a tactical level in order to drive solutions within a matrix organization;
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project and Access;
- Project management certification desirable but not essential;
- Proposal development along with contract development and negotiation.
- Operations or business execution experience desirable;
- Experienced in delivering PowerPoint presentations;
- Experience with commercial risk evaluation and mitigation strategies;
- Experience working through a structured sales process;
- Experience interpreting commercial and contractual risks and drivers.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Business, or Finance.