Vessel Management Engineer
Are you looking for a challenging job in which you will be responsible for preparing our vessels and equipment for upcoming offshore (wind) projects? If so, read what Van Oord could offer you. For the department Vessel Management and Project Support, based in Gorinchem, we are looking for an enthusiastic Vessel Management Engineer.
In the role of Vessel Management Engineer you will be responsible for the modification and preparation of our vessels and their mechanical systems for their new offshore assignment. You will be managing the entire project, from design to delivery and testing.
- Establishing the need of the internal customer (project team);
- Translating this need to a concept design and a budget summary;
- Managing external parties such as engineering agencies and suppliers;
- Planning, negotiating and contractual agreement;
- The review of drawings and calculations;
- Supervision during the construction and test phase on location;
- Communication with the various parties involved, including the end user;
- Reporting and archiving documentation and certificates.
- A bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering or comparable;
- At least 6 years' relevant experience, preferably in the maritime sector;
- Extensive knowledge of various floating (offshore) equipment;
- Experience in supporting projects and managing external engineering and suppliers;
- Knowledge of the Dutch maritime industry;
- The ability to read and understand technical drawings (AutoCAD);
- A good command of English, spoken and written;
- Strong communication and social skills;
- An independent, hands-on person who can solve problems, take decisions and work in project teams;
- A flexible attitude towards travelling and working abroad.