Upstream Oil Industry Analyst
OPEC - Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries
Objective of Position:
The Upstream Oil Industry Analyst carries out studies and analyses on medium- to long-term conventional oil supply as well as assesses potential medium- to long-term supply capacities of conventional oil in both OPEC and non-OPEC countries and analyses its main determinants (reserves, investment trends, technology advances, etc.). He/she monitors and analyses the evolution of upstream related costs and investments to conventional oil supply and their impacts on exploration and production activities worldwide and contributes to the World Oil Outlook.
- Carries out analyses and studies of medium- to long-term conventional oil supply prospects and contributes to the World Oil Outlook;
- Analyses upstream exploration and production costs for conventional oil;
- Studies capacity expansion and investment plans and requirements for conventional oil in OPEC and in non-OPEC regions;
- Studies, analyses and forecasts relevant technological changes and assesses their impact on the medium- to long-term oil recovery rate, production and costs;
- Collects and analyses data and information related to upstream conventional oil, including all activities and development processes in exploration and production;
- Contributes to speeches, articles and presentations to internal meetings and various international forums.
Required Competencies and Qualifications:
- University degree in petroleum engineering, petroleum geology or related sciences;
- Advanced degree preferred.
- University degree: 8 years in the field of oil exploration, production or reservoir engineering in an oil company or petroleum-related government agency;
- Advanced university degree: 6 years.
- Advanced upstream technology;
- Good knowledge of planning and analysis of upstream activities, including modelling and/or project evaluation;
- Basic knowledge of the environmental impact of upstream activities an asset.
- Communication skills;
- Analytical skills;
- Presentation skills;
- Interpersonal skills;
- Customer service orientation;