Head of Site Operations
Stirling, United Kingdom
Purpose of Role
The Head of Site Operations is responsible for the successful delivery of the Strategic Business Plan for the Operational business in Natural Power.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Responsible for the development and delivery of the servicing and operations business within Natural Power;
- Lead the development and implementation of strategies, frameworks, policies and systems for the specification and management of asset information to ensure effective asset management decision making;
- Develop and implement asset and environmental management standards and procedures and ensure they are available and applied throughout the organisation
- Development of departmental business plan and annual budget
- Development of Client Site Maintenance and Operations Budgets;
- Responsible for the performance management of team members in line with the company procedures, liaising with the relevant internal teams for support;
- Report on a regular basis to Director of Asset Management on the performance of sites and teams
- The post-holder will be required to undertake such duties as may reasonably be expected. All members of staff are expected to be professional, co-operative and flexible within the needs of the post, the department and the Company.
- Duties of the post could vary from time to time as a result of new legislation, changes in technology or policy. In this event, appropriate training will be provided.
The successful candidate will ideally be educated to Degree level within an Engineering discipline (or equivalent by way of experience).
An executive with solid experience in strategy development, strategic asset management, large scale infrastructure operations with significant weighting of experience in the renewable electricity industry. You will have a strong background in people management including managing performance and the development of teams. Further to this you will also be able to demonstrate knowledge and experience with:
- The development and management of engineering standards;
- Demonstrated capacity to successfully manage broad responsibilities and complex issues at senior organisational level – including transformational change;
- Significant leadership experience with resource, budget and people management as well as demonstrated leadership experience in driving substantial reform;
- Strong strategic planning and policy development skills;
- Strong stakeholder management skills and an ability to communicate clearly and convincingly and influence outcomes across all management levels;
- Excellent Business Development Experience within the Power Utility industry;
- Good understanding of Renewable Energy (Including Biomass plant) technology and its operation;
- Experience of working within HSEQ Management Systems with a solid understanding of the Health, Safety and Environmental legislation.
You will have excellent communication skills, being able to convey clear and concise information in both written and verbal format. You will be highly motivated with prior experience of managing a team of remote technical staff; as a result, you will have honed interpersonal skills being capable of building lasting relationships with your team as well as wider Natural Power divisions and third parties. You will be highly organised, being capable of managing both your own and others challenging and often conflicting workloads.
You will be commercially aware, with the ability to make sound business decisions based on financial performance and projections. You will have a strong track record in conducting business development whilst ensuring that the current work pipeline is delivered on time and to budget. You must be fully committed and motivated to growing the department in what is a highly competitive and dynamic market.
You must hold a full UK driving license. Due to the nature of the role, you will be required to travel on a regular basis to meet clients and site visits. As such you will be expected to be flexible with your time and standard duties.