Lean Project Manager
MHI Vestas Offshore Wind
Responsibilities and tasks
The Lean Project Manager will be based in System Support & Improvements. This department is part of Construction Support, which provides support and resources to the MHI Vestas Offshore Wind project and service departments during project pre-assembly, installation, commissioning and service phases.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Developing and implementing lean tools and processes for construction activities;
- Mapping and analyzing processes within installation and commissioning of wind power plants;
- Supporting execution concept development headed by the Senior Construction Managers;
- Securing that new standards and solutions are documented and incorporated into relevant business systems;
- Guiding and supporting project teams and concept owners in implementing new standards and solutions into customer projects.
Qualifications and work experience
The ideal candidate has experience working in an international construction environment. With a minimum of three years’ experience within process development through lean methodologies, you are capable of analyzing current practice, facilitating development and implementing solutions to improve efficiency of construction related processes.
We expect that you have:
- A relevant engineering degree, e.g. within Construction, Process, Civil, Mechanical, Logistics, or Industrial Engineering;
- Solid knowledge of lean methodologies and project management;
- Experience with operational process development through lean principles from the construction industry, preferably offshore energy;
- Implementation management skills;
- Strong ability to work in and manage development across functions and cultures, navigating easily between a wide range of stakeholders;
- Excellent communication and presentation skills in English, both orally and in writing;
- High level of experience with MS Office applications and MS Project/Primavera.
We expect that you are:
- Analytical and structured;
- Result and quality oriented;
- An ambitious team player;
- A self-starter able to take initiative;
- A strong communicator with excellent interpersonal skills.