Senior Energy Efficiency Consultant
Local Unit & Position Description
- Managing project-based teams in the delivery of industrial energy efficiency and energy management projects, program evaluations, roadmap designs, and other project work related to energy efficiency, energy management and low carbon economy;
- Supporting consultants in the implementation and delivery of energy efficiency and energy management projects;
- Assisting the development of the business and operational strategy;
- Delivering technical and non-technical energy efficiency and energy management services in process focused industries in Europe;
- Supporting business development and sales activities as subject matter expert;
- Strengthening the unit’s knowledge base by actively sharing experience and expertise with the rest of the team;
- Making proposals for structural improvements of his/her own performance and/or that of the team or the department.
- Master’s degree in engineering;
- 5+ years of working experience in technical positions within the process industry, preferably dealing with energy efficiency and/or energy management in chemical, oil & gas, paper, cement, or steel sector;
- A combination of strong process related technical background with an affinity for business development is essential;
- 5+ years of experience performing energy efficiency projects and energy reporting;
- 5+ years of experience managing project teams;
- Strong written and verbal English and Dutch or French communication skills.
- Excellent technical and analytical skills;
- Acting in an assertive, self-confident manner with in- and external business partners;
- Ability to work in a team environment but also a good self-starter who drives improvement initiatives;
- Experience in project organization;
- Strong listening and communication skills.
Advantages, but not required:
- Command of German language (written and orally);
- Experience with ISO50001 based Energy Management Systems;
- Experience with energy auditing;
- Demonstrated quantitative skills and attention to detail;
- Inquisitive and generous in sharing knowledge and experience;
- Ability to manage own time and workload effectively and meet deadlines;
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office 2007, including Word, Outlook, and Excel;
- Willingness and ability to travel, up to 30%.