For our Civil Engineering group within our Business Area Wind, we are looking for a Senior Civil/Geotechnical Engineer with experience from either offshore or the wind business. You should have strong competences within geotechnical engineering and the ability to support detailed assessment of geotechnical design and project tasks.
Description of the position as Senior Civil/Geotechnical
Within the Geoscience team we seek an experienced, innovative technical, dedicated and motivated Civil/Geotechnical Engineer with the ambition to move geotechnical engineering for offshore wind to the next level. The geotechnical design is seen as a cornerstone for optimizing our substructures and lowering cost of energy and therefore has a large focus is on both R&D and design related items. The Geotechnical Engineer will be a core team member for the engineering and construction elements working for the competence function manager within GeoScience and in a team of highly skilled engineers. The individual will be responsible for managing and delivering technical assessments and calculations for the design of offshore foundation both relating to our two main concepts but also in relation for the next generation. This includes work on foundation packages from feasibility, development and design through to operation and decommissioning.
Translating survey results into technical details and requirements relevant for the development, construction and operation of windfarms will be an integral part of this position.
Key working assignments will be
- Responsible for the geotechnical engineering input for foundation design;
- Identify areas of improvements for future projects;
- Participate in R&D initiatives to improve the business both in- and externally;
- Supply input to foundations load simulation and design and cooperation with internal design team in handling geotechnical foundation design tasks for onshore and offshore;
- Management and interpretation of geophysical and geotechnical site studies and develop design basis;
- Take place in the expert groups in the R&D projects where Vattenfall is currently engaged;
- Develop and maintain risk categories and registers related to geological and geotechnical site conditions;
- Trouble shooting and risk evaluation in all project phases.
Qualifications as Senior Civil/Geotechnical Engineer
- Degree in Civil or Geotechnical Engineering, Engineering Geology or similar;
- More than 5 years of experience from the wind energy or offshore structural engineering;
- Experience of geotechnical/geological analysis, numerical modelling packages and design standards is a must;
- Good analytical skills;
- Ability to translate and communicate technical detail into commercial impact;
- Professional command of English in speech and writing.
You can work self dependent while sharing and seeking knowledge in the team. You are self-motivated, showing initiative and with a flexible approach to the work. You possess good interpersonal skills and can communicate technical messages on a clear and constructive way both internally and to contractual partners. You have an innovative mind-set working result-oriented and meeting required deadlines.