Managing Consultant Power Markets
Berlin, Utrecht or London
In our projects, we address technical, regulatory and economic issues, which are induced by making power systems more sustainable. The department Energy Systems and Markets analyses challenges associated with integrating renewable energy in power systems and power markets. Amongst these challenges are the design of short-term power markets, balancing markets, mechanisms to maintain system adequacy as well as market aspects of congestion management.
As a Managing Consultant Power Markets, you will provide consultancy services to government bodies, companies and NGOs. Your main tasks will include analysis of, and advice on, the impact of renewable energy and of sustainable energy policy on power markets. You will be working in a multi-disciplinary, international team and be responsible for managing projects and for technical review of the work of others.
As a Managing Consultant, your acquisition targets will be achieved by using your knowledge of the market and making use of your network.
If you are enthusiastic about the job described above and you meet the following criteria, then we would be happy to meet you!
- University education in energy economics (diploma or master) or equivalent. Ph.D in the relevant field would be an advantage;
- At least 7 years professional experience in power market analysis;
- Excellent analytical, communication and presentation skills;
- High degree of personal initiative and enjoy networking with others;
- Experience in winning and managing projects;
- Excellent oral and written language skills in English;
- The ability to work in German (business fluent) and a preference to be based in Berlin would be a strong advantage.