Electrical Engineering Consultant
As part of our continued growth in the renewables advisory sector, OST are pleased to present a position for an Electrical Engineering Consultant to support utility-scale renewable energy projects for developers, independent power providers and utilities in our Milan offices.
The Electrical Engineering Consultant will be actively involved in the technical work of the Italian team on Solar PV and renewable energy projects and will carry out the following activities:
- Developing electrical designs for large-scale solar photovoltaic (PV) plants – layouts, equipment specifications, system optimisation, and interconnection requirements;
- Producing high quality engineering work product while adhering to design standards;
- Performing PV system energy modelling and energy estimates using solar design software (PVSyst);
- Reviewing electrical plans, specifications, calculations and studies;
- Coordinating with other design team disciplines including civil and structural engineers, surveyors, developers, utilities and contractors;
- Performing electrical calculations and studies such as short circuit, load flow, voltage drop, reactive power capability, harmonics, relay coordination, and arc flash;
- Responding to Requests For Information (RFIs), assisting with general construction support services, and writing technical reports;
- Maintaining awareness and knowledge of currently available equipment and industry best practices;
- Providing timely deliverables to meet project schedules;
- Drafting and reviewing technical reports, including technical due diligences, feasibility studies, energy yield assessments;
- Performing site visits and client meetings when required;
- Developing and drafting proposals;
- Being responsible for the day-to-day development of projects with their specific tasks;
- Preparing the project deliverables (technical reports, project performance documentation and engineering drawings, etc.).
- Highly developed communication skills to interact with colleagues and clients;
- Highly developed report writing skills, paying attention to detail in order to produce a written presentation of high quality and setting standards for others to follow;
- Demonstrates a highly effective and collaborative approach, sharing knowledge, learning and information to enhance the overall contribution of the team;
- Prioritises, works smart and demonstrates a high level of accountability;
- Continually develops skills, knowledge and expertise;
- Receptive to client needs, with the ability to build an excellent rapport and represent the company in a professional manner;
- Ability to discuss and define client requirements, reflecting a clear understanding in technical reports and proposals;
- Actively supports business development activities, building relationships with clients and helping to generate new business;
- Supports the continued development of more junior team personnel by providing technical guidance;
- Strong analytical and numerical skills, able to produce workable solutions to problems;
- Motivates and supports teams whilst obtaining the best from others through inspiration and leadership.
- Bachelor’s or Master's Degree in Electrical Engineering or similar discipline;
- At least 2 years experience with renewable energy generation;
- Knowledge of AC/DC design theory and relevant international standards;
- Working knowledge and ability to read construction drawings and specifications;
- Must be self-motivated with the ability to balance multiple projects under tight deadlines with minimum supervision;
- Proficient knowledge of AutoCAD 2D and/or Sketch Up;
- Experience with PV modelling software (PVSyst);
- Ambition and willing to learn quickly and take on responsibility early;
- Methodical and accurate, taking pride in the quality of their work but also delivering it on time.
- At least 2 years of experience in the consultancy business;
- Experience in transmission and distribution systems.
- You must be fluent in Italian and English. Knowledge of other languages desirable.