Loads Engineer (Lead Professional)
Are you a multi-talented structural dynamics engineer with an eye for aerodynamics? Would you like to grow your talent and career in one of the most dynamic and innovative companies in the renewal energy sector globally? Do you get excited about working with a world-class team in an inspiring work environment? Then you may be the candidate that we are looking for in Loads & Control team at Vestas Design Centre in Porto.
Vestas Power Solutions is the cornerstone of Vestas. Through innovation, development and continuous product improvement we develop the products and technologies that reduce the cost of energy and bring the highest possible value to our customers and to Vestas. To put it short: Vestas Power Solutions develops the wind power systems of the future.
As a part of Vestas Power Solutions, the Control Engineering department is responsible for developing future wind turbine controller software and hardware but also deliver loads and control solutions ensuring optimal performance of our products under all conditions. The responsibility spans from strategic development of new turbine technologies to delivering product level feasibility studies ensuring an optimal cost of energy. The department consists of highly skilled and experienced engineers and assumes full accountability of all aspects of the loads and control solution delivered to the wind turbine development projects.
- Together with your colleagues you will be responsible for:
- Feasibility studies of new wind turbine products aiming at optimizing power, loads, and noise performance
- Drive the technical aspects of loads and control development for a specific product from feasibility state to full validation and certification stage
- Development and validation of wind turbine aeroelastic models
- Design of product level feasibility studies within loads and control, including blade design iterations and wind turbine aeroelastic stability
- Risk management activities such as failure mode and effect analysis
You must have:
- MSc. / PhD in mechanical/civil/aerospace/aeronautics from an accredited University.
- +5 years work experience within aerodynamics, structural dynamics and mechanical engineering theory
- +5 years hands on experience in aeroelastic codes (FAST, Bladed, Flex5, HawC, etc.)
- +5 years hands on experience programming skills (Matlab, Python, etc.)
- Expert in wind turbine control technologies, operability & validation
- Expert knowledge on wind turbine component design criteria
- Excellent knowledge of wind turbine design standards
- To be successful in the position we expect that:
- You take the lead in supporting and training newcomers to the Loads & Control team
- You are pro-active, result oriented and have a strong sense of responsibility
- You are able to meet your deadlines with the right quality
- You have a creative approach to new challenges
- You succeed as part of a team and it comes naturally to you to collaborate and share knowledge
- You have excellent communication skills and are fluent in English (speaking and writing)
- Last, but not least, you must be able to work within an international team