HSEQ Advisor – Principal Consultants
DNV GL has an ambition of growing its presence in Stavanger in line with the strategy of further strengthening the position within Risk Management Advisory in Norway Oil and Gas.
An important part of this strategy is responding to a growing market within HSEQ Advisory for projects, drilling and operations through offering senior capabilities through secondments and consultancy projects. We are therefore seeking principal consultants with a background from one or more of the following areas:
- HSEQ risk management from drilling, field development/engineering and/or operations
- Technical- and operational (process) safety from drilling, field development/engineering and/or operations
The consultants will be key in building and growing a sound business within Risk Management capitalizing on own networks and the wide competence base of DNV GL, as well as fully embracing the opportunities offered by digitalization.
Working with DNV GL gives a unique opportunity to become part of a large & highly competent professional network (nationally and internationally) within risk management and a wide range of technical disciplines. We expect all principal consultants to utilize this network to strengthen own competence and to serve our customers in the best possible way.
Skills & requirements:
- Demonstrated ability to lead and develop business and people
- Proactive attitude and ability to lead change in people and organizations
- A broad understanding of the oil and gas business and the NCS
- Strong networks and relationships with key market players
- Ability to effectively communicate with senior customer representatives
- Working independently, but also a strong team player working effectively with and through others
- Excellent workshop facilitator
- Delivering HSEQ governance, plans and deliverables in different phases of Field Development projects
- Ensuring compliance to HSEQ regulations and customer requirements
- Scoping and following up HSEQ related studies and work packages
- Process safety and barrier management in a MTO (man-technology-organisation) perspective
- Supporting and improving operational HSEQ processes and procedures
- Leading and/or participating in audits and verification
- Leading processes such as the PDO (Plan for Development and Operations) process, the life time extension process etc
- Managing HSEQ risk management processes
- Leading incident investigations and HSEQ reporting
- Ensuring implementation of learnings and lessons learned
Education and Experience:
- Higher technical education (minimum Bachelor Degree or equivalent) in relevant discipline.
- Several years of relevant experience from delivery of HSEQ in Field Development, drilling and/or operations in the E&P business.
- Fluency in English and strong communication skills in Norwegian language
- Self-starter, self-motivated, open minded, strongly team oriented with a passion to drive HSEQ improvement
- Excellent inter-personal and communication skills, specifically related to managing and motivating project teams
- Technically strong in own discipline and highly motivated individual with good communication and networking skills