MHI Vestas Offshore Wind
Are you interested in managing offshore wind turbine tower design, driving development initiatives for tower load reduction and engaging with customers on site specific tower design? Do you want to apply your skills in a company working to ensure a sustainable future energy supply?
Then, you may just be the right candidate!
MHI Vestas Offshore Wind is a fast-paced and growing international company, rapidly becoming a significant player in the offshore wind industry. We are looking for Tower Specialist to join our team in Technical Engineering at our headquarters in Aarhus, where you will be working with Technical- and Sales Site Support, our V164 wind turbine and the next generation of wind turbines.
Your main responsibility is to manage tower designs and customer engagement on towers for various offshore wind farm projects. In addition you will be:
- Responsible for tower structure design
- Responsible for tower design optimization for cost-down considering whole value chain
- Responsible for performing tower related feasibility studies
- Responsible for technical support on tower and tower flange related topics for tender, sales contracts and operations
- Responsible for technical support on tower for field issues
- Delivering project scope specifications of optimization options for outsourcing and ensure technical support
- Driving tower cost-down through standardization of tower sections / re-use of existing sections and secure utilization of existing tools throughout manufacturing, transportation and installation
What we are looking for:
We expect you to have a relevant educational background at master’s level in engineering with some years of experience in a similar position in a large company.
You have interdisciplinary technical experience and experience with offshore technical capabilities.
As a person you are innovative and have a systematic approach to your work and tasks. You thrive in a changing and fast-paced organisation, where you are expected to adapt to the changes and at the same time keep focus and overview. You are able to foresee global technology development and further ensure development of interdisciplinary technical knowledge.
Your language skills must be good in English, both written and spoken.