EU Research and Innovation Project Manager
Geonardo Environmental Technologies
Geonardo is looking for an ambitious and talented Project Manager with a passion for developing innovative project concepts and managing our ongoing projects under the EU programmes, in particular the research and innovation programmes.
Who we are
Geonardo is an innovation and technology company active in the energy, environment and sustainable development fields. Geonardo provides research, innovation and consultancy services and cutting-edge solutions in the renewable energy, resource efficiency, climate change and natural resources sectors. Since its establishment in 1999, Geonardo has been active in EU funded research and innovation projects, working closely with universities, research institutions, industry as well as public administrations and civil society organisations, providing innovative solutions to tackle complex challenges. Read more here: www.geonardo.com.
Who we are looking for: Must-haves
We are searching for candidates with a can-do approach, leadership skills and creativity.
Please DO NOT APPLY if you do not have:
- Proven direct experience in developing and/or managing EU funded research and innovation projects;
- At least three years of professional experience relevant to Geonardo’s fields of activities;
- Excellent analytical and drafting skills to produce proposals and reports;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
Who we are looking for: Good-to-haves
- Sound knowledge and understanding of the EU funding system;
- Direct experience in coordinating FP7 and Horizon 2020 projects and handling their technical, administrative and financial management;
- Technical expertise and research interest in fields such as energy efficiency, energy efficient buildings, energy planning, circular economy, and waste management;
- Working knowledge of additional languages.
What the job is about
- Managing EU funded projects as coordinator or partner, and ensuring the implementation of the projects’ activities and the delivery of their results;
- Actively communicating and liaising with project partners as well as building networks and disseminating and exploiting the project results;
- Seeking high-potential opportunities and developing and submitting competitive project proposals under the EU’s research and innovation programmes;
- Travelling to proposal/project meetings and events, predominantly within Europe;
- Contributing to the preparation of bids for EC tenders on as-needed basis;
- Providing active support to other project managers in their day-to-day tasks related to the implementation of their projects.
What We Offer
- A competitive compensation and benefits package;
- Opportunity to take part in international research and innovation projects;
- Opportunity to advance in the EU project development and management field;
- A great working environment at a technology park and within a young, multidisciplinary and international team.
When and Where
This is a full-time post foreseen to start in September 2017 with a probationary period of 3 months. The place of post is Budapest, Hungary. The candidates shall be preferably based in Budapest or willing to invest in the necessary move to Budapest.
How to apply
If you believe that you are the right candidate for this post, please submit your application to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate “Project Manager” in the subject line and attach:
- A motivation letter explaining how your profile matches the skills and qualifications required for the position;
- A curriculum vitae;
- Contact information of two references.
Only those applications which meet the required skills and qualifications will be considered. Short-listed candidates will be invited for an interview.
Closing date of application: 13 August 2017