Manager of Wind Turbine Generator Engineering
Amsterdam, Hamburg, Kolding, London
The WTG Engineering Offshore department ensures industry-leading technical competences on WTGs for building and operating an offshore windfarm. Act as WTG technical knowledge supplier for the entire value chain, thereby ensuring full utilization on projects and seamless integration into and across projects. Best practice are captured and made standard to ways of working.
As Manager of WTG Offshore in BU Offshore Wind you have the following key responsibilities:
- Provide package management and pool of leading WTG offshore engineering capabilities.
- Ensure full utilisation of WTG offshore engineers.
- Have framework in place for external support for gearing of organization.
- Deliver WTG products via technical competences and resources for technology roadmaps, windfarm and operational projects
- Participate in WTG technical supplier interactions to ensure best market knowledge and challenge suppliers
- Drive stronger standardization of WTGs and enable us to take WTG technical leadership in industry
- Provide solutions for Interface Management and Certification solutions via. competences and resources
The location of this position is flexible, preferably in a Vattenfall/BA Wind main location. Regular business trips are required.
What we are looking for in our leaders:
- You have a university degree (or equal) with a minimum of 5 years relevant work experience as a leader in an international organisation, preferably within a wind environment.
- Your command of English is strong, both verbally and written.
- You are a highly motivated and communicative leader who is able to focus on both people and business
- You are proven skilled in dealing with strategic, highly complex issues, problems and challenges
- Health and safety is of highest priority why experience in exposed environment is necessary
We are looking for a communicative leader who is able to focus on both people and business and has demonstrable experience in managing teams in change and challenging environments. The unit as well as the industry is in rapid change and our successful candidate needs to be able to combine a strategic and commercial focus with operational capability building on the foundations already established through the last years of development.