Chief Biomass Engineer
Manage and act as business and technical lead for: feasibility studies, design, specification and implementation of biomass, biogas, biofuels & waste-to-energy renewable energy projects. Lead various marketing and tender initiatives. Manage department resource allocation.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
Black & Veatch are recruitng for a Chief Biomass Engineer to support the Renewables team, duties will include:
- Consulting/contracting on renewable energy projects for major UK clients.
- Preparation of plant specifications and contract implementation through to completion.
- Plant installation, commissioning, and testing.
Highly desirable to have experience in most of the following areas:
- Combustion systems, including high and low pressure boilers.
- Pyrolysis and gasification.
- Prime movers: gas turbines, steam turbines, gas engines.
- Degree in Engineering or a related subject, with a professional qualification such as Chartered Engineer. Ideally, in addition, an MSc or equivalent in Renewable Energy, or related subject. Potentially also with a qualification in management. Proven interest in working in the renewables sector long-term.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
- Commercial awareness.
- Experience of project and people/contract management activities.
- Well developed technical skills and experience.
- Numerate and well developed MS Excel skills.
- Well developed report writing and reviewing skills, using MS Word.
- Initiative, self-reliance, and drive to deliver results.
- Prioritising, planning, and organising own workload and team members.
- Accountability, including level of self-motivation and ambition and developing in others.
- Understanding client’s needs, and business development experience.
- Communication and team-working skills and sharing/using best practice information.
- Influencing others, including communication skills and self-confidence in general.
- Willingness to be adaptable, work flexibly.
- Effectively manage several renewable energy projects concurrently to time and budget constraints (involving management of c. 5-10 staff to deliver these projects).
- Manage department resources.
- To lead and manage various business development activities/tender initiatives.
- To lead on managing the relationship with key clients.
- To contribute to expanding the client base.
- Technical leadership for feasibility studies.
- Technical leadership for design and specification of renewable energy projects.
- To work alongside other professionals in multi disciplinary teams.
- To prepare technical and non technical reports.