Portfolio Manager Gas/Power
We are searching for a quantitative Portfolio Manager in Gas and Power, entering into our team of experts in both commodities. Preferably we search for a candidate with focus on gas, however, candidates with previous track record and focus rather in power are fully welcome, too.
- You are responsible for the management of all open positions in Enovos’ gas portfolios within European gas markets;
- You define and execute hedging strategies and consistently adjust these according to predefined physical and financial limit requirements and portfolio needs;
- You act as internal backup for Portfolio Managers Power in Enovos’ European power markets;
- You hold full P&L responsibility in your core commodity books and actively take and manage open positions in order to positively contribute to the fulfillment of Enovos’ financial targets;
- You actively develop, define, implement, exercise and monitor quantitative approaches in terms of quantitative Proprietary Trading;
- You apply and develop available IT tools to closely follow up the Gas/Power portfolio positions and market development in order to manage and keep track of all relevant books;
- You thoroughly follow on all risk- & book-reports, quantitatively analyse structural risks and flexibility needs of all books and investigate how these risks can be mitigated by the application of assets;
- You elaborate comprehensive portfolio strategies, provide insights and concepts and present these to the team and to upper Management.
- Master’s Degree in Engineering, Economics, Mathematics or Finance;
- Proven experience in quantitative portfolio management, analytics and trading techniques;
- High quantitative capability to assess and understand the versatile challenges of Hedging, Risk Management and Proprietary Trading techniques within core energy markets;
- Willingness and ability to take portfolio decisions with high P&L sensitivity;
- Strong analytical and synthetical mind-set;
- Solid IT skills (e.g. Reuters Eikon, Excel, VBA, Python, Matlab, Sungard Aligne/Belvis or similar);
- Proactiveness, high accuracy and reliability characterize you;
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English and German or French. Luxembourgish will be considered as an asset.