Lead Project Planner
GE - General Electric
Rugby, United Kingdom
An opportunity to be part of a team delivering technology for prestige contracts of national security importance. This role will give the applicant first-hand experience of delivering critical equipment for a Government programme that will continue for many years to come and will receive high-profile recognition within the sector. The Lead Project Planner will be responsible for leading discussions and schedules in relation to the customer needs and making decisions on the project plan.
For projects in execution, PP&C is responsible to timely issue, update and control the Master Time Schedules according to contractual requirements and quality policies, supporting project targets of Sales, Contribution Margin and Cash collection. PP&C is responsible to pro-actively interface with planners from suppliers and factories for the creation of an integrated project time schedule. PP&C represents the project towards clients and end customer for planning issues and planning risk reviews. During ITO phase, he/she is responsible for creation and follow-up of the Tender Time Schedules (TTS).
- Completeness and project team buy-in of MTS baseline (1st planning);
- Timely distribution of updated Master Time Schedule and planning risks to project team;
- Timely distribution of project reporting and portfolio planning data;
- Generates and monitors execution of the Tender Time Schedule during ITO phase;
- Prepare delivery analysis schedule (by project) according to customer requests & internal constraints, highlighting critical path and specific constraints;
- Assess deal convertibility and support linearity process to meet organization sales and contribution margin targets;
- Issue the Master Time Schedule (First Plan) agreed with OTR functions which is the baseline that sets target dates for the activities for Engineering, Sourcing and Manufacturing;
- Update and review the Project Schedule, to assess and verify the progress, identify current or possible future risks and propose solutions to issues; he/she is also responsible to maintain and regularly communicate to the Planning Leader the progress & main schedule risks for each project as well as assure full data quality of baseline and current versions of the plan;
- Support the Prj Mgr with all necessary elements to issue the Monthly Report according to contractual requirements;
- Together with Sourcing Fulfilment and Logistic teams, support the shipping process;
- Participates at all negotiations affecting Master Time Schedule;
- Prepares and timely provides all the Project Planning Reporting on a monthly and/or weekly basis and highlights critical areas for the attention of the Project Manager and Project Team including Participants;
- Ensures a pro-active and transparent schedule activity forecasting to identify in advance potential delays and to suggest effective recovery action plans with the involved parties, under the direction of the Project Manager.
- UK National, able to obtain UK MoD security clearance;
- University Degree in Engineering or good knowledge of Steam Turbines and their engineering/procurement/manufacturing cycles or equivalent knowledge and experience;
- Good command of using Oracle Primavera P6 v8 or above and Primavera Risk Analyser (Some years of experience);
- Experienced in using MS Project;
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and respond to urgent requests in a timely manner;
- Ability to make decisions with speed and accuracy based on best available information;
- Knowledge of all project planning concepts like PERT, GANTT diagrams, CPM (Critical Path Method), process reporting as well as planning tools;
- Good skills in use of spreadsheet, database and presentation software;
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
- Knowledge of Steam Turbine and Steam Condenser products, Risk Management tools & techniques, PMI-SP certification.