Senior Power Analyst
Birmingham, United Kingdom
What we are looking for
- As a Senior Power Analyst you will be analyzing and forecasting the UK power markets, which include commodities, capacity and other markets. As part of your role you will be creating business ideas, support trading, optimization and investment decisions.
Your Main responsibilities will include:
- Analyse competitor’s strategies and behaviours based on available information;
- Apply fundamental market models, including:
- BID 3 power fundamental market model;
- Uniper’s proprietary models used for capacity price forecasting;
- Potential other models if needed to support commercial decisions.
- Coordinate and review UK power market related belief sets for Uniper’s Commodity outlooks as a basis for Uniper’s strategic decisions;
- Support with appropriate analysis Unipers response to consultations or other changes to the UK Power market;
- Liaise with key stakeholders in the UK and in Germany in relation to the development of the UK power market.
Who we are seeking
- Significant experience and track record in analyzing UK power markets across the entire forward market horizon (balancing markets, intraday & day-ahead), forward) and relevant related commodity markets such as natural gas;
- High degree of confidence to represent market analysis at UK location, work effectively in a matrix setup across multiple business locations & drive to establish optimal information exchange with Market Analysis organization at other Uniper locations;
- Strong analytical and numerical skills and approach;
- Superior communication skills and ability to present and defend results in discussions with stakeholders;
- Strong orientation on results and proactive attitude;
- University degree in business, economics, engineering, mathematics or related fields;
- Proven experience in operating & administrating fundamental market models;
- Programming skills (VBA, R, Python etc.) a plus;
- Fluent English (written and spoken) Knowledge of additional languages a plus.
Don't forget to mention EuroEnergyJobs when applying.