Medior Consultant Control Engineering
Local Unit & Position Description
The energy landscape is in transition. But the rate at which it will do so, and with what means, are a matter of contention, and that creates a large source of uncertainty for many of our customers.
We focus on five market challenges that drive our customers: Increase of Power Transmission, Increase in Renewables, Digital Transformation, Decentralization, and Optimizing Networks & Aging Assets. As an independent and trustworthy partner we support our customers for each of these challenges with decision making and managing risks in balancing the Energy Trilemma of affordability, sustainability and reliability.
Your tasks and responsibilities
As a Medior Consultant you will be working in projects for our customers as team member and project task-leader. You will also help identify market opportunities, develop our existing services and establish new services.
In doing so, you will:
- Develop your knowledge on the Energy System;
- Develop new tools or models, e.g. to optimize dispatch decisions;
- Write (or contribute to) clear and high quality reports and commercial offers;
- Be given the opportunity and guidance to grow to a consulting role where you execute, lead and sell projects;
- Based on your experience, we will create a plan together with you for your development for the next few years;
- We will do this through our 70-20-10 philosophy: 70% learning on the job, 20% coaching and 10% training.
What we're asking
We are looking for a Medior Consultants who is a team player, enthusiastic and who actively contributes to the success of our team and collaborates to create results.
- You have Master’s degree in Control Engineering with a specialization in the Energy domain or a Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering with a specialization in control concepts, a PhD is preferred;
- You have between 2 and 5 years of relevant work experience;
- You are interested in the energy transition;
- You are motivated to learn about understanding the technical consequences of a business decision as well as the business consequences of a technical decision;
- Your verbal and written communication skills in Dutch and English are strong;
- You like to travel and are willing to spend about 20% of your time abroad (differs per role);
- You are pro-active and flexible;
- You take responsibility for your own tasks and competences;
- You are curious, interested and engaged.